The Cardiff University is receiving applications for Ph.D. Scholarships in Computer Science and Informatics. The School is located in the city of Cardiff which is the capital of Wales and its largest city. It has a distinctive character with an excellent quality of life and an international reputation.
The program shall cover Complex systems, data and knowledge engineering, or visual computing.
The school has a reputation for excellence ranking 5th amongst UK universities in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework for quality and 2nd for impact
- Course Level: Ph.D. degree
- Eligible Nationals: African Countries/ Internationals/EU/UK
- Host Institution: Cardiff University UK
- Location: UK
- Application deadline: April 16, 2018
- Course start date: October 2018
The Scholarship Value
The scholarship covers
- Full tuition fees waiver
- Maintenance stipend which shall include the Doctoral stipend. the amount shall equal the UK Research Council National Minimum
- Additional Funding which is also provided to cover items such as research consumables, training, and travel to conferences. Students who support the School’s teaching can earn additional income.
Level &Fields of Study available
Scholarships are available for a Ph.D. degree in Computer Science and Informatics
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship in Computer Science
To be eligible to apply for the Computer Science and Informatics Scholarship, prospective applicants must meet the following academic criteria:
- you can be a student from any nationality without restrictions (UK/EU and International)
- you must either have obtained a First Class or Upper Second Class degree or Master’s degree in a relevant disciplin or you are about to obtain them
Application Process For the Scholarship in Computer Science
in other to participate successfully in Ph.D.Computer Science and Informatics Scholarship program, applicants should follow the procedures stated below
- Ensure that you apply for the PhD in Computer Science and Informatics with an October 2018 start date.
- while applying,where asked if you are self-funding your research, ensure to select the “No, I am not self-funding my research” option
- In the “Research Proposal and Funding” section of your application, applicants must specify the project title and supervisors of this project. ensure you copy the project description in the text box provided
- when asked “Please provide the name of the funding you are applying for” Select “PhD in Computer Science and Informatics: Complex systems, data and knowledge engineering or visual computing”.
- you are required to submit a research proposal of approximately 500 words along with your application.
- for guidance on how to fill your application form, you can find information by reading about the Research groups
Visit their Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process