University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy through the Obama foundation is offering scholarships to scholars of all nationals for a Masters Degree program at the University
through this scheme, beneficiaries will receive the educational training necessary to become a new generation of uprising global leaders. and with the right skills and training hopefully they will be expected to contribute and impact greatly in the development of their various countries
- Course Level: Masters degree
- Eligible Nationals: All Nationals
- Host Institution : University of Chicago
- Location: USA
- Application deadline: April 17, 2018
- Course start date: October 1, 2018
The Scholarship Value
The Scholarship Program covers
- All tuition and expenses for the duration
- monthly living stipend, books expenses and course educational materials, and opportunities to experience unique out-of-the-classroom programming.
- as well as travel costs for these experiences .
Level & Fields of Study available
Scholarships are available for Masters of Arts Degree
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Masters of Arts Degree Scholarship, prospective applicants must meet the following academic criteria:
- you must prove to have a clear focus on a global challenge or policy issue.
- Applicants must have at last 3-5 years work experience or more and professional accomplishments showing your ability to create an impact.
- Applicants must commit to return to their communities after program concludes. He must be willing to invest the newly acquired skills o develop his community.
- Applicants must demonstrated record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment.
In other to participate successfully in Masters of Arts Degree Scholarship program, applicants should follow the procedures stated below
All applicants must complete the online application and include the following,
Transcripts are to be submitted. official transcripts are necessary for admission requirements. however, you may wish to submit unofficial transcripts s through the electronic application process;
International students must have english test scores in test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) The Harris institution codes of 1849 or 1832 are both accepted. IELTS, can also be submitted
you will be required to submit evidence of your work experience, showing your experience for at least 3-5 years on the job. your CV should also show any other relevant information regarding educational and work backgrounds.
3 Letters of Recommendation
At least one reference from a previous professor who can speak to your academic background and preparedness for graduate studies.
Referees should submit letters through the electronic application—
4 Short Essay Responses
you will be expected to submit an essay o 400 words or fewer describing your work and the impact you made in a volunteer activity, please describe the concrete impact – and Why have you chosen this work? What are the challenges you have faced in this work and how have you sought to overcome them?
Visit their Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process