York University offers various international scholarships to it’s prospective and new students for their undergraduate studies. These scholarships and awards shall be given to applicants who demonstrate leadership through community service, those good in arts and sports. As well as those with an exceptional academic profile. Students do not need an offer of admission to apply for York entrance awards and scholarships.
York University has a vibrant community outlook. Located within one of Canada’s most exciting cities, life on Campus is interesting. There are over 1,600 jobs on campus, it also has about 8 libraries spread across. It also has the largest Liberal Arts faculty in all of Canada.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Eligible Nationals: Internationals and Citizens of other countries
- Host Institution: YorkUniversity Canada
- Location: Canada
- Application deadline: February 1, 2019
- Course start date: Fall, 2019
The Scholarship Value
Applicants who submit an application can be considered for any of the following awards if successful
- International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction $140,000 ($35,000 x 4 years)
- Global Leader of Tomorrow Award for International Students $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)
- International Circle of Scholar’s Scholarship $15,000
- York University Academic Excellence Scholarships for International Students $5,000-10,000
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The International Scholarships shall cover the following faculties: Lassonde School of Engineering; Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Science; or the Schulich School of Business.
Eligibility Criteria for the International Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the York University International scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Applicants must be an international student who must also obtain a Study Permit to study in Canada
- Applicants must have applied to any of the eligible undergraduate degree programs at York scheduled to begin in Fall 2019
- Must apply directly from high school to York University, no more than two years after graduation.
- Applicants should have a minimum “A” average or equivalent academic record
- Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
- Applicants must also be nominated by their high school
- Applicants are required to upload one letter of recommendation
- Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile), by February 1, 2019, at 11: 59:59 pm, Eastern Time
How to Submit an Application
Apply for the scholarships as well using the Application form online application system. Applicants must endeavor to complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application by February 1, 2019, at 11: 59:59 pm, Eastern Time. Application received after that date will neither be accepted nor reviewed. Winners will be announced May 1, 2019. For further details of the scholarship, visit their official scholarship page to get the complete information on the program and application process