The Yalies and The Fox International Fellowship are now open to receive applications from prospective fellows. The Fellowship is available for doctoral candidates, master’s students and graduating seniors. It shall also be available to students of Yale University or to students of any of the exchange partner institutions in Fox International Fellowship network.
Candidates are selected based on their commitment to serious research and also the capacity for leadership and civic engagement in the larger community.
- Course Level: Doctoral candidates, Master’s students, and graduating seniors.
- Eligible Nationals: Internationals and Citizens of other countries
- Host Institution: YaleMacmillan CenterUSA
- Location: USA
- Application deadline: February 13, 2019
- Course start date: August 2019
The Scholarship Value
The Yalies andThe Fox international Fellowship shall cover the following;
- J-1 Visa for principal applicant, and J-2 dependent visa(s) for spouses and children.
- Accommodations in rental housing provided by the Fox Fellowship, round-trip travel, and a generous living stipend
- Health insurance is also covered.
- All fellows can apply for grants from a research travel fund up to U.S.D $2000.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The International Scholarships shall cover the following international relations and global affairs, environmental policy, public health, business and finance, social sciences, economics, political science, law, and contemporary history, with a preference for topics of contemporary, applied and/or institutional relevance to enhancing the world’s peace and prosperity
To be eligible to apply for the Yalies and theFox International Fellowship, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Applications are open to graduate and professional school students at Yale University. Those still in doctoral programs are expected to complete their coursework first. While those in masters or graduate professional programs should have administrative approval to interrupt their coursework.
- Graduating masters and professional school students are eligible to apply.
- Graduating seniors of unusual distinction and with clearly focused research can also apply and may be considered.
Applicants for Fox Fellowships must show sufficient mastery of national or regional language skills which is relevant to their research projects. For English-speaking countries with strong local or regional language bases, candidates with evidence of familiarity and interests in those languages, as relevant to their research and larger cultural engagement, may receive some competitive preference, e.g. for Legon, Cape Town, South Africa (isiXhosa/isiZulu or Afrikaans); New Delhi, India (Hindi, Gujarati),Ghana (Twi or Akan). Students without these language skills are also welcome to apply.
How to Submit an Application
You must submit your application online through the Student Grants and Fellowships Database at Yale University. Ensure to include the following;
- statement of interest
- leadership statement
- recent curriculum vitae,
- Two letters of recommendation.
Check the scholarship page for the full application requirements. Accepted fellows will be notified by mid-April. For further details of the scholarship, visit their official scholarship page to get the complete information on the program and application process