James Cook University, Australia currently offers scholars the Williams Thomas Williams Scholarships. This grant is to enable students of both national and international status further their education at a reduced expense.
The William Thomas Williams grant was established in 1995 when William Thomas bequeathed his estate to the University. The proceeds from the sale of the property are to be used for the education of persons in music.
- Course Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Eligible Nationals: Africans, Foreign nationals, International students
- Host Institution: James Cook University
- Location: Australia
- Application deadline: September 30, 2019
- Course start date: 2020
The Scholarship Value
The value of the scholarship will be $10,000. However, the amount is subject to change as determined by the Fund administrator from time to time. The scholarship sum shall be paid in two equal instalments.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
This Scholarship shall be to further their education in Bachelor of Creative Media Honors (music, sound and moving image) at the James Cook University
To be eligible to apply for the Williams Thomas Williams Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Must be either international students, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents
- Must be enrolled or intend to enrol in the Bachelor of Creative Arts and Media Honours – Major in music, sound and moving image)
- Must also meet all the entry requirements necessary to be enrolled for the degree.
Other Conditions for the Scholarship
- The start date shall be as indicated on the offer.
- Any recipient that defers their study shall forfeit the scholarship.
- This scholarship shall only be applied if the recipient remains in their enrolled in their nominated area of study. Therefore if the scholarship holder transfers to another degree within James Cook University, the scholarship shall cease to apply.
- All recipients of the award must resume at the University, on or before the commencement of the first teaching period and to remain in full-time enrolment during the University teaching periods or semesters.
- Honours bursaries will not be extended beyond two semesters. If the recipient transfers to another course offered by the University, the scholarship will be terminated.
- All recipients must actively participate in the publicity of the scholarship scheme. This involves interviews and photographs.
- Successful applicants who are unable to take up the scholarship may reapply in the following year.
- If the recipients suspends their study, the scholarship shall be suspended.
How to Submit an Application
In orde to participate successfully in the Williams Thomas Williams Scholarships program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
Ensure applications are submiteed only via the official website. Applications must include the following, where appropriate.
- curriculum vitae
- A written statement outlining your passion for your chosen music field.
Relevant documents as required must be submitted; otherwise the application will be disregarded.
Successful applicants shall receive an email confirmation it has been received. All applications must be submitted latest September 30, 2019