The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers the UNIL Master’s scholarships to prospective international that have enrolled to pursue a Masters Degree at the University.
The UNIL campus is located on the shore of Lake Geneva in Switzerland, which makes the environment a natural place for studies. The school is also easily accessible by public transport from the center of Lausanne
- Course Level: Master’s Degree
- Eligible Nationals: Africans, Foreign nationals, International students
- Host Institution: University of Lausanne
- Location: Switzerland
- Application deadline: November 1, 2019
- Course start date: September 2020
The Scholarship Value
The scholarship amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years, depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
However, note that students who have been offered a scholarship will be exempt from the fixed registration fees for the courses. Notwithstanding, they are expected to pay CHF 80.00 each semester.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
This Scholarship seeks to cover the following all Masters degrees at UNIL listed at this address : the period covered by the scholarship shall be the statutory period of the program chosen by the student
Programs NOT covered by the scholarship:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of Criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- All MASs (Ph.D. programs)
To be eligible to apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, “list of documents to attach to your application”).
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in UNIL Master’s scholarships program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
Applicants are expected to first make an application for admission to the master’s degree via the Admissions Department (SII). All documents (refer to the document, “list of documents to attach to your application”) must be attached and sent by post only to the following address:
Université de Lausanne
Service des affaires sociales et de la mobilitéétudiante (SASME)
CH – 1015 Lausanne
Only computer completed applications duly signed by the candidate will be accepted. Candidates need not apply separately for admissions as the application for the Master’s scholarship also serves as an application for admission to your chosen masters. All applications must be submitted latest November 1, 2019