The University of British Columbia Canada is offering students of foreign nationality an international merit scholarships to enable them to pursue any eligible undergraduate course at the Institution.
The Award is of two types the International Major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) which are awarded to exceptional international students that are entering the school fresh for undergraduate programs. The other is The Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award which is a one-time entrance scholarship that is offered to qualified students when they gain admission into the school
The school is located within the city of British Columbia in the heart of Canada. UBC is known to offer a wide range of scholarships to students. The school is one of the top 40 universities globally. Beneficiaries are privileged to join a booming community of award winners who mature to become young leaders in areas of diversification and innovation. They have an opportunity to connect and grow within the classroom and outside of it
- Course Level: Bachelors Degree
- Eligible Nationals: International students
- Host Institution: University of British Columbia
- Location: Canada
- Application deadline: January 15, 2019
- Course start date: 2019
Level & Fields of Study Covered
TheScholarships shall be available to pursue an eligible Undergraduate degree offered at the University of British Columbia. However, Award shall be tenable for up to three years of undergraduate studies.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) and Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Only international students are eligible to apply. However, you must apply to study at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). Be informed that if there are any changes to your citizenship status, this will also affect your eligibility for the IMES award
- Applicants must be fresh from secondary school or post-secondary (university or college) and must have applied for an admission into the University of British Columbia
- Holders of a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award cannot apply
- Awards are based on Merit and exceptional academic excellence and achievement. Therefore applicants must be able to show this. They must also have an impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the major Entrance Scholarships (IMES) and Outstanding International Student (OIS) Award, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
Ensure you apply for an offer first for admission at the school before January 15. Once you have been accepted by the school and given an offer, you will be automatically be considered for the scholarship. The school will make all scholarship decisions by February. then you will be notified
Visit their official scholarship page Scholarship Page for complete information on the program and application process