The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) programme is open to scholars intending to pursue Master’s degree in Sweden on Scholarship.
The SISG programme is open to applicants from selected countries on the OECD/DAC list that has both work and leadership experience. Through the well-structured program, scholars experience a rare opportunity to develop professionally and academically as potential global leaders, while experiencing the rich Swedish culture.
- Course Level: Master’s Degree Program
- Eligible Nationals: See the list below
- Host Institution: Various Swedish Universities
- Location: Sweden
- Application deadline: February 14, 2019
- Course start date: October 2019
The Scholarship Value
The SISGP provides for the following
- Tuition fees: Which shall be paid directly to the Swedish university
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month
- An Insurance cover against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – This is a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The scholarship shall be for a full-time one-year or two-year master’s programme, for courses starting in the autumn semester. See list of approved courses. List of approved Courses
Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia;; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe, Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia;Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco,Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Ecuador;
To be eligible to apply for The Swedish Institute Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.(see list above)
- You must have a work experience of a minimum of 3,000 hours
- Must be classified as an overseas tuition-paying student who has been admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019.
- You must demonstrate leadership experience from your current or previous employment
How to Submit an Application
- You must first apply for admissions to the school for your Master’s degree programme
- Then apply for the scholarship. Ensure to include the following documents in your application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): use the SISGP template for CV.The template will be available in January 2019.
- Proof of work and leadership experience: use the SISGP form for proof of work and leadership experience. It should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form will be available by the end of December 2018.
- A motivation letter: use the form for motivation letter 2019/2020provided by SISGP. It shall be available in January 2019.
- Two different letters of reference: use the SISGP form for a letter of reference. At least one letter of reference must be based on your work experience. The letters should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. It should be typed. The form will be available by the end of December 2018.
- Include a copy of your valid International passport data page