The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC), through The Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria (SEPCIN) is offering scholarships to scholars who are currently enrolled in Nigerian Universities. The scheme shall afford the opportunity for those from 200level to apply. The scholarship grant will run for the full duration of their studies.
The SEPCIN University scholarships are designed to promote the academic excellence of scholars in the Country.
The award is in two categories,
- i) The National Merit Award (NM): This is open to all Nigerians.
- ii) The Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM): this is open to Nigerians who are indigenes of Oil producing areas. namely Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States
- Course Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Eligible Nationals: Nigerians
- Host Institution: Eligible Universities within Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- Application deadline: February 28, 2020
- Course start date: September 2019
Level & Fields of Study Covered
This Scholarship seeks to cover the following Any full-time undergraduate course offered in any Nigerian University
Eligibility Criteria for the SPDC/ SEPCIN University Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the Think Big Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Those applying under The Areas of Operation Merit Award (OM) must be indigenes of Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States
- Applicants must have been enrolled for Full-Time undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria.
- Only applicants from 200level (as at December, 2019) can apply.
How to Submit an Application
- All documents submitted must not exceed 200KB each. While images must be of JPEG format.
- Those applying for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, which must be duly stamped and signed by:
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development (CDC) or The Chairman of the Executive Council (CEC)
- The letters should be addressed to: “The Manager, Social Performance, The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited, Port Harcourt, Rivers State”.
- All applicants must provide a valid email account (for consistent communication)
- Note that all application is free. Shell does not demand payment from applicants. Be aware also that SEPCIN does not assign ‘Representatives’ / ‘Agents’ to assist applicants’ to process applications
- Only candidates shortlisted for selection tests will be contacted
- Beware of the fraud websites when applying for scholarships online. Scholarship Application Deadline: 28th February 2020