Calls for applications are currently open for the Romanian State Scholarships, available for international students. The Roman Ministry of Foreign Affairs, therefore, invites prospective foreign students who wish to study for Undergraduate, Masters and Doctoral Degrees for the 2020/2021 academic year, to apply for the Grant.
Those who do not know the Romanian language shall be one supplementary preparatory year to study the language. However, students who already know the language will have to pass a language test organized by the competent higher education institutions.
- Course Level: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree and PhD
- Eligible Nationals: Foreign Nationals
- Host Institution : Approved Universities in Romania
- Location: Romania
- Application deadline: March 15, 2020
- Course start date:September 2020
The Scholarship Value
The scholarship comes with the following benefits
- Free tuition
- Free accommodation. However, this will depend on various factors like hostel availability as well as limits of the sums available for this purpose),
- A monthly Financial Stipend :
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 65 EURO per month, for the under-graduate students (1st cycle),
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 75 EURO per month, for post-graduate students (master degrees and specialization) 2nd cycle.
- the equivalent in Romanian currency of 85 EURO per month, for postgraduate students (doctor’s degree) 3rd cycle.
- Be informed that the scholarships do not cover food. Neither does it cover international nor local transport
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The scholarship shall first cover Bachelors and Masters’s degrees in political and administrative sciences, education studies, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism,veterinary medicine,music, arts, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural studies, , architecture.
Eligibility Criteria for the Romanian State Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the Romanian State Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Foreign citizens from all over the world can apply. However, with the exception of EU member states and foreign citizens who are of Romanian origin
- Holders of Romanian Citizenship are not eligible to apply. Also they must not be a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania. Those have benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study cannot apply
- Applicants must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions. They must also have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
4) As at 31 December of the year of application, Applicants must not be, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies.
How to Submit an Application for the Romanian State Scholarships
Ensure all documents necessary for a successful application are gathered and submitted correctly. Requested documents can be found on the official scholarship website. Applications should be made as requested on the page. The deadline for submission is March 15, 2020. While results will be announced on June 16, 2020