The Craig Newmark Graduate School of Journalism at City University of New York (CUNY) has started receiving applications from prospective fellows for its Resilience Journalism Fellowship coming up in February 2019. The Resilience Fellowship program is financially supported by The Rockefeller Foundation.
The workshop will afford the Fellows the opportunity to learn about science and practice of resilience while unfettered from the daily demands of journalism. Ther things they stand to benefit include understanding how to address the issues of resilience, they will also have the opportunity to meet and learn from world thinkers in the field as well as planners, architects, activists, and scientists.
- Course Level: Journalism
- Eligible Nationals: Americans, Foreign Nationals
- Host Institution: City University of New York
- Location: USA
- Application deadline: January 4, 2019
- Course start date: February 24, 2019
The Scholarship Value
The Fellowship shall cover all expenses with regards to tuition, lodging, reasonable travel costs, and meals. All Personal expenses shall be borne by the fellows
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The issues regarding Resilience in Journalism will be addressed. Those suitable for this program include mid-career journalists with least some background reporting on environmental issues either as a producer, staff reporter, editor, or freelancer.
Eligibility Criteria for the Resilience Fellowship
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants should have at least five years of full-time professional experience. less experienced applicants who have demonstrated outstanding journalism achievement might be considered
- Applicants should be mid-career journalists with least some background reporting on environmental issues either as a producer, staff reporter, editor, or freelancer
- International Fellows are also welcomed but must have a good understanding of the English Language
- Applicants must be a journalist interested in adding value in their coverage o resilience issues
- Applicants who are employed by a new organization or are freelancers are welcomed. However, their jobs must include either writers, producers or news editor
- Applicants must be active throughout the Fellowship
- Journalists with Innovative minds are welcomed
How to Submit an Application
In order to apply successfully for the International excellence scholarship, please use the application link on the scholarship page above Ensure to submit your application before the deadline. Successful candidates will be contacted by the school weeks later. For further details of the scholarship, visit their official scholarship page to get the complete information on the program and application process.