The Petroleum Technology Development Fund PTDF International Scholarship currently are available to Nigerians for Masters and Ph.D Degree overseas . For the PTDF International Scholarships, Degree courses shall be taken in Institutions in UK, Germany, and France which are the scheme’s strategic partnership.
Those who become successful shall be awarded scholarships to complete their programme commencing in the 2019/2020 academic session.
The full list of sponsored and approved courses are listed on the official scholarship page. The scheme shall cover tuition fees, flight tickets, health insurance, and a stipend for accommodation and other living expenses. For courses in countries outside English, there will be provision for a language course to enable the awardee to settle in properly.
- Course Level: Masters’s Degree and Ph.D
- Eligible Nationals: Nigerians
- Host Institution: Partners in UK, Germany & France
- Location: UK, Germany & France
- Application deadline: January 31, 2019
- Course start date: 2019
The Scholarship Value
The scheme shall cover Tuition fees, flight tickets, health insurance, and a stipend for accommodation and other living expenses. For courses in countries outside English, there will be provision for a language course to enable the awardee to settle in properly.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The scholarship shall be applied to any eligible Masters’s degree andPh.D covered by the scheme. Courses covered are according to countries. See scholarship website for the full list
- United Kingdom
Eligibility Criteria for The PTDF International Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for these scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following
- You must have completed the National Youth Service (NYSC) program
- Applicants must have a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in their first degree or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience
- At O/level you must have 5credits including English Language.
- You must be computer literate
- Should have a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in their first degree and a good second-degree certificate
- Applicants must have completed the National Youth Service (NYSC)
- You must be computer literate
- You must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology, and mode of data collection
- You are required to include your master’s degree project
Other general requirements
- Applicants shall submit a statement of purpose (maximum 500 words) stating why they want to undertake the study, its relevance to the oil & gas industry and its expected impact on national development
- Show evidence of your academic merit, for example, full academic transcripts, other professional qualifications acquired, and relevant publications
- Show evidence of Awards for leadership and/or academic excellence (where available).
- Must possess and show the viability of the study/research plan.
- Show membership of professional bodies if any
How to Submit an Application
Log into the application portal Application Portal And ensure you have these documents scanned and uploaded
- Recent Passport Photograph
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Evidence of membership of professional associations
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
For further details of the scholarship, visit their official scholarship page Scholarship page to get the complete information on the program and application process