Domestic and International students can now apply for the Johnstone Family Scholarship Scheme in Australia. The Mathematical Sciences Institute of the University offers this Award for scholars who wish to undergo Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics.
Located in the City of Camberra, The Australian National University (ANU) is one of the world leading higher institutions. Established in 1946, the University prime focus remains excellence in research and education which is designed to equip the graduates to take on any complex challenge in the world
- Course Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Eligible Nationals: Internationals and Citizens of other countries
- Host Institution : Australian NationalUniversity
- Location: Australia
- Application deadline: May 31, 2019
- Course start date: 2019
The Scholarship Value
The Jonstone Family Scholarship provides a funding upto$5,000 per annum tenable for up to three years. At the discretion of the selection committee, the Award may include a fourth year (Honours year). Beneficiaries of this award will receive payment in equal installments at the start of each semester.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
This Scholarship seeks to cover scholars who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or Statistics. However Preference may be given to applicants enrolled in the Bachelor of Mathematical Sciences with a research interest in statistics.
Eligibility Criteria for the Johnstone Family Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Johnstone Family Scholarship, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Application is open to both domestic or international students
- Applicant must have attained a minimum of 48 units as well as a maximum of 96 units of their degree course
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a history of academic excellence in their undergraduate degree program.
- Applicant must first be enrolled in an undergraduate degree in mathematics and/or statistics (including the Bachelor of Mathematical Science, the Bachelor of Statistics, or a Bachelor of Science with a significant mathematical and/or statistical component, as determined by the Selection Committee)
How to Submit an Application
Applicants are adviced to follow the “Apply Now” link found within the Scholarship webpage.
All applicants should attach to their application
- A one-page supporting statement which should clearly state why the scholarship should be awarded to them and why they needed it to enable them to pursue their degree
Application received after that date will neither be accepted nor reviewed. Ensure to submit your applications for admissions on time before the deadline.