The University of Strathclyde UK is offering scholars, opportunities to further their studies through the International Scholarships Entrepreneurial Ecosystems, Innovation and Regional Economic Development Studentship
The program will also enable the candidate to partake in inter-dependencies and dynamics of entrepreneurial ecosystems studies As a result, successful applicants will join the research community in Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and the Centre for Doctoral Training in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Course Level: Ph.D research
- Eligible Nationals: Africans, Foreign nationals, International students
- Host Institution: StrathclydeUniversity
- Location: UK
- Application deadline: August 31, 2019
- Course start date: 2020
The Scholarship Value
The value of the scholarship will be £15,000 per annum which shall cover a tax-free stipend and home/EU fees for up to 42 months. However, International applicants will need to cover the difference between Home/EU and International fees.
Related Article : Scholarships at Oxford University UK
Level & Fields of Study Covered
This Scholarship shall be to complete full-time Ph.D in Entrepreneurship, Economics, and Business
To be eligible to apply for the International Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Must have a strong interest in technology-based topics, entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial ecosystems and regional economic development, innovations systems, and networks,
- Must have a previous background in business and management, economics, sociology or any other social sciences, engineering or science. Applicants must also possess an overseas equivalent and/or a Master’s degree which is equivalent to a UK 2;1 or first-class honors
- Must demonstrate excellence in analytical skills and an ability to become an independent researcher.
- Must show zeal to learn and understand methodological approaches for conducting social science research as well as designing and conducting mixed-method research
- Should be excellent in written and oral English language skills (see the application page for minimum test scores if English is not your first language).
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the International Scholarships program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
Applicants are required to submit a research proposal of up to 1000 words, describing the focus of their work including background and potential contributions.
All applications should include:
- a CV and relevant qualification transcripts
- two references
- a covering letter which includes:
- Your motivation to apply for this position
- How your background and previous experience meet the requirements detailed above
- A detailed description of your understanding of the topic including a short literature review as well as a particular research question you want to pursue on this topic
- If you would like to be considered for the CDT funding
Ensure to submit your applications before the deadline. Successful candidates will be notified by the university.