The University of Bridgeport has announced its offer of International Scholarships to all qualified International Students for an undergraduate and Graduate course at the university. These awards are can be renewed on a yearly basis. However, it shall depend on satisfactory academic achievement and good standing at the University of Bridgeport. All incoming undergraduate international students are automatically considered for these scholarship awards as long as their applications are received before the deadline.
Located in the city of Bridgeport, Connecticut, The University has a passion to promote academic excellence and commitment to service. With its rich cultural and international diversification, the environment remains conducive to shape scholars for a life of leadership and discipline.
- Course Level: Undergraduate/ MBA/ Graduate Degree
- Eligible Nationals: Internationals and Citizens of other countries
- Host Institution: University of Bridgeport
- Location: USA
- Application deadline: July 15, 2019
- Course start date:Fall, 2019
The Scholarship Value
There are three types of scholarships considered
- General Academic Scholarships– beneficiaries of academic scholarships shall receive from$11,000 to $17,000 per academic year. However, this is based on academic excellence and English proficiency
- Academic Scholarships for IB, IGCSE, GCSE and American Curriculum International Students-under this category, beneficiaries shall receive from$12,000 to $22,000 per year.
- Graduate program
This consists of four awards. Beneficiaries will receive between$3,000 and $6,000. This award is based on the student’s academic achievement and test scores.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The International Scholarships at the University of Bridgeport shall cover all undergraduate courses offered at the institution. While the graduate scholarships shall cover the MBA Program, all graduate programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in the School of Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for the International Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the International scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- Awarded to incoming undergraduate international students based on academic merit
- Academic scholarships are available to first-year applicants and transfer students seeking an associate or a bachelor degree.
- Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must submit an SAT or ACT test results
- Eligible courses include the MBA Program, all graduate programs in the College of Public and International Affairs, and all graduate programs in School of Engineering
- Award is based on the student’s academic achievement and test scores.
- The scholarship shall be applied to the international student’s first year of study, split equally between the first two semesters.
- Applicants must submit a TOEFL / IELTS score and a GRE or GMAT score.
- Applicants are required to take 9 credits per semester
How to Submit an Application
All applicants will automatically be considered for a scholarship once you have applied to University of Bridgeport international application using The Apply Online. Also, ensure to submit all required documents. There is no need for a separate application for the scholarship.
Application received after that date will neither be accepted nor reviewed. Ensure to submit your applications for admissions on time before the deadline.