George Washington University has announced its Global Leaders Fellowships. This award is meant for graduate students who will be future leaders in their fields in their home countries, through the education they got from
George Washington University is one of the most popular Universities in the world. Located in the country capital Washington, the school has received scholars from all over the world. The beauty of it all is its situated in a landmark and the city has a lot of popular sites.
- Course Level: Masters and PhD
- Eligible Nationals: Foreign National (See list below)
- Location: USA
- Application deadline: February 8, 2019
- Course start date: September, 2019
The Scholarship Value
The award is set to cover up to 18 credit hours. The grantee is to provide funds from other sources for books, living, and other expenses, and must provide certification of this support.
This Fellowship is however renewable each year for a cumulative maximum of three years for Master’s candidates and up to five years for doctoral candidate.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The Global Leaders Fellowships shall cover Masters and Doctoral programs
Eligibility Criteria for the Resilience Fellowship
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible Countries include
- China (PRC)
- Eastern Europe
- Latin America
- The Caribbean
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- U.S.S.R. Successor States
- permanent residents, resident aliens and U.S. Citizens are not eligible and cannot apply
- Only those who have not studied or worked in the U.S. or other countries aside from their home country can apply.
- Applicants must have an F-1 (J-1 visa for Fulbright applicants only), no exceptions are allowed
If you are a Graduate students (master’s and doctoral) from Foggy Bottom on campus programs in the following schools, you can apply:
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Columbian College of Arts and Sciences
- Elliott School of International Affairs
- School of Business (Executive Education program is not eligible)
- Graduate School of Education and Human Development
How to Submit an Application
In order to apply successfully for the International excellence scholarship, You must first apply for admissions into the university. Thereafter you can apply for the fellowship via the online submissions portal by the deadline.
Awards will not be announced until April 2019.Ensure to submit your application before the deadline. No Fellowship applicants will be considered who have not completed the admissions application Successful candidates will be contacted by the school weeks later. For further details of the scholarship, visit their official scholarship page to get the complete information on the program and application process