One of The American University Scholarships programs available is the Emerging Global Leaders (EGL) awards given for Undergraduate studies. The EGL affords scholars of diverse origin the opportunity for international education all fully paid for. The beneficiary will be exposed to academic excellence, global engagement and shall be groomed in Leadership development. At the end of the program, scholars are expected to return to his country to impact his vision towards serving to improve civic and social conditions.
- Course Level: Bachelors Degree
- Eligible Nationals: International students
- Host Institution: American University
- Location: United States of America
- Application deadline: December 18, 2018
- Course start date: 2019
The Scholarship Value
The EGL scholarship shall cover all billable expenses which include full tuition, room, and board. However, The scholarship non-billable expenses are not covered. These include airline tickets, mandatory health insurance, books, and miscellaneous expenses
The American University Scholarships is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, however, academic studies must be continual and satisfactory.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
TheScholarships shall be available to pursue an eligible Undergraduate degree offered at The American University
Eligibility Criteria for the American University Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the American University scholarships of EGL, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Scholarship applications are open to only International students who have proven to have who have underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You are expected to demonstrate your strengths and commitments in areas of community service, leadership and volunteerism applied towards the needs of people in your home country.
- Students who are still in high school but are graduating by June 2019 can apply
- Applicants must have for 9th-12th grades a minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class).
- who have a sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017).Or 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017).
- If you are enrolled in the British A-Levels system, you must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2019. Also, those Students who are in the IB system should graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects.
Those NOT eligible to apply:
- U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or those who have a dual citizen of the U.S. with another country.
- If you have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States then you are not eligible.
- Those who graduated secondary school earlier than 2017 cannot apply.
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the American University Scholarships program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
- Log into the system and complete the online AU EGLS application . ensure you answer Questions 1-4.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form –
- Submit your official TOEFL or IELTS score results if available (see preferred scores as stated above).
- Complete and submit the Application, together with all supporting documents on or before December 15, 2018. Please be informed that students who do not adhere to the deadline will not have their applications reviewed.
For further details of the scholarship, visit their official e scholarship announcement page to get the complete information on the program and application process