The University of Adelaide Australia is currently offering Adelaide scholarships International to international Scholars to carry out their Postgraduate Master’s degree by Research and PhD by Research at the institution.
Beneficiaries will receive a handsome funding for two to three years depending on their level of study
- Course Level: Master’s Degree by Research and PhD by Research
- Eligible Nationals: Internationals and Citizens of other countries
- Host Institution : University of Adelaide
- Location: Australia
- Application deadline: February 15, 2019/ April 30, 2019
- Course start date: August 31, 2019/November 30, 2019
The Scholarship Value
The Adelaide Scholarships International , provides for the following;
- An annual living allowance shall be $27,596 for two years for a Masters degree by Research and three years for a Doctoral research degree
- Beneficiaries who are studying Master’s degree by Research shall be granted Course tuition fees waiver for two years and those for Doctoral research degree shall be granted same for three years
- Holders of Student Visa (Subclass 500) shall receive a compulsory standard Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) Worldcare policy for the student, their spouse and dependents (if any) for the standard duration of the student visa.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The scholarship supports students pursing any Masters Research or PhD research courses offered at the institution.
Eligibility Criteria for the Adelaide Scholarships International
To be eligible to apply for these scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following;
- International students must be enrolled in the University as ‘international students’ and must maintain ‘international student’ status throughout their course study duration in the University.
- Applicants must have successfully completed at least the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honors degree (this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year).
- Awards are strictly on academic merit and research potential.
- International applicants must meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements for direct entry by the scholarship closing date and must provide evidence of it. For those who enrolled into Pre-Enrollment English Program must also complete it before deadline
- If you are an International applicants and hold a research qualification, please note that you must not hold a research qualification that has been regarded by the University of Adelaide to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree ( for PhD applicants), or equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Masters degree( for Msc applicants).
- Scholarships holders must commence study at the University of Adelaide in the semester the scholarship is offered.
- Citizens and Permanent Residents of Australia, and citizens of New Zealand are not allowed to apply.
- Those who have applied for Australian permanent resident status can apply for ASI scholarships.
- Applicants who applied and were eligible for consideration in an international scholarship round, and were unsuccessful, will automatically be reconsidered in the next round.
- Holders of the scholarships cannot hold another award by the Commonwealth of Australia, the University of Adelaide, or an overseas sponsor at the same time.
- Remote candidature research students cannot apply.
How to Submit an Application
To apply please submit a formal application for Admission and a Scholarship via our online application system. There is no application fee. Use the Apply Now. All applications must be submitted by February 15, 2019/ April 30, 2019 deadlines as any application received after that date will neither be accepted nor reviewed. For further details of the scholarship, visit their official scholarship page to get the complete information on the program and application process