London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is offering Global Mental Health Scholarships through the Johnson & johnson scholarship schemes to students accepted onto the 2018-19 MSc Global Mental Health programme. This scholarship program known as the Janssen Global Mental Health Scholarship Fund was launched in 2012 through a generous donation from Janssen Pharmaceutica . about To date, 18 students have benefited as a result of the scholarships.
The scholarship is for Msc Global Mental Health course provided by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine(LSHTM) and the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, King’s College London(KCL). Through this Study, scholars are equipped with the right set of skills to enable them make valuable contributions in research policy and practices as relates to issues of Global mental Health.
- Course Level: Masters degree
- Eligible Nationals: See List Below
- Host Institution : see below
- Location: UK
- Application deadline: March 25, 2018
- Course start date: 2018/2019
The Scholarship Value
Each scholarship is designed to cover full tuition fees, a stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,730.00 and an allowance of GBP 500.00 for MSc project expenses.
Level & Fields of Study available
Scholarships are available for Masters Degree in Global Mental Health
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Global Mental Health Scholarship, prospective applicants must meet the following academic criteria:
- Applicants must be nationals of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries:
Ghana; Kenya; Nigeria; South Africa; Rwanda; Thailand; Nicaragua.;Indonesia; Philippines; Vietnam; Peru;
- please note that only applications from the above countries will be accepted. therefore applicants from other countries will not be considered for these scholarships.
- if you are applying for this fund, you must hold an offer of admission to the MSc Global Mental Health commencing in 2018-19. To apply for the programme of study please follow the application instructions on the King’s College London MSc Global Mental Health programme website.
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries must meet the minimum English Language Requirements if shortlisted for this funding. . A copy of the relevant proof of English must be submitted to the Scholarships Team at LSHTM.
In other to participate successfully in Global Mental Health Scholarship program, applicants should follow the procedures stated below
- All application for study for the MSc Global Mental Health programme must be submitted through the King’s College London online application portal,
- for the Scholarship Application, submit it through the School’s Online Scholarship Application. Ensure to indicate that you are applying for the 2018-19 J&J GMH Scholarship.
you can visit their official Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process