Those that want to complete their education on scholarships can apply through the Common Wealth Scholarships program for distance learning.The Commonwealth is currently offering these scholarships to students from least developed and lower middle-income Commonwealth countries. These Scholarships shall be available for part-time Master’s study on some selected courses that are offered by universities in the United Kingdom.
- Course Level: Masters
- Eligible Nationals: International Students of developing Common Wealth Countries
- Host Institution : UK Institutions
- Location: Online Studies
- Application deadline: June 20, 2018
- Course start date: Sep 2018
Citizens of the following countries can apply;
Cameroon, The Gambia, , Guyana, Bangladesh, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, , , Nigeria, Pakistan, Ghana ,Papua New, Mozambique, Guinea,,Samoa ,Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, India ,Tanzania, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Zambia,Rwanda,Malawi and Solomon Islands
The Scholarship Value
The Scholarship is set to cover the following
- Full tuition fees for the duration of the program
- It shall also cover all other compulsory costs associated with distance learning, such as the full cost of any residential components of a course.
Level & Fields of Study available
Only selected Masters degrees courses are covered. they include the following themes
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
- Promoting global prosperity
See full list of eligible masters degree courses
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant Must be a permanent resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Must hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. However a lower qualification with a sufficient relevant experience may be considered
- It must clear that applicant is unable to afford to study without this scholarship
- you must demonstrate you are a talented individual who have the potential to make change
- Only citizens of Commonwealth country or have been granted refugee status in a commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person, can Apply
In other to participate successfully in the Scholarships program, applicants should follow the procedures stated below.
- Applicants should apply to study one of the taught Master’s courses offered under the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship scheme.
- All Applications must be made through your chosen university. Therefore it is necessary to check for specific admission requirements from your chosen universities.
- You are allowed to apply to more than one university or course; however you must only accept one offer of a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship.
- Applicants must havesecured admission to your course at the same time as applying for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship. And this must be in 2018-2019 academic year.
- Submit details of at least one referee.
- Apply for the scholarship through the CSC’s application system,
Visit their official Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process