The DAAD Masters Scholarships Program known as Public Policy and Good Governance is open to support international students from developing countries who intend to pursue Master’s degree on Scholarships. To this end, the Institution is seeking highly qualified graduates with a good first degree and intention to further studies in the areas of political science, economics, law and administration to equip them as future leaders of these fields in their countries
- Course Level: Masters
- Eligible Nationals: (See Below)
- Host Institution : See Below
- Location: Germany
- Application deadline: July 31, 2018
- Course start date: Sep 2019
These includes International Students from selected African countries, South Asia ,Latin America, and Southeast Asia, Central Asia, the Middle East as well as from the Ukraine see list of eligible countries.
The Scholarship Value
The Scholarship will cover the following
- Tuition fees for DAAD Masters Scholarships holders
- Recipients shall also receive a monthly scholarship rate of currently €850 from DAAD.
- Scholarship holders shall be entitled to a 6- months-German language course between April 2019 and September 2019 before the beginning of the study programs
- Scholarship shall also cover partly subsidies for rent, allowances for spouses and children, health insurance in Germany,as well as a study and research subsidy
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The Scholarships shall be available for selected Masters degree courses offered at certain German Institutions as Listed below
- Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- University of Duisburg-Essen: MA Development and Governance
- HochschuleOsnabrück: Management in Non-Profit Organisations
- University of Potsdam: Master of Public Management (MPM)
- University of Osnabrück: Master of Democratic Governance and Civil Society
- Leuphana University of Lüneburg: Public Economics, Law and Politics (PELP)
- University of Passau: Master of Governance and Public Policy
- Hertie School of Governance, Berlin: Master of Public Policy (MPP)
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the DAAD Masters Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a very good study results, they should also have a sound knowledge of English and German, and must have interest in political and social engagements
- The latest university degree should have been obtained during the six years prior to the application for the scholarship
- Applicants must have a convincing first university degree and as qualified graduates, they must have the passion to create an impact to the social and economic development of their home countries in the near future.
- Applicants who have stayed in Germany for more than 15 months at the time of application are not eligible to apply
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the DAAD Masters Scholarships program, applicants should follow the procedures stated below.
- All applications submitted to the respective universities only (not to DAAD). On your application please indicate DAAD Helmut-SchmidtProgramme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance). Application closes 31 July 2018.
Visit their Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process