Applications for a fully funded Masters degree scholarships at University of Stuttgart is currently ongoing. applications are being received from scholars and nationals of developing Countries for the scholarships funded by German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) – which is one of the world’s largest funding organisations for the international exchange of students and researchers. there are two programs under this scholarship. they include, The master’s in ‘Infrastructure Planning’ and ‘Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design’
here, prospective scholars that have the have relevant academic and professional experience shall be considered. note that before you apply, you must also be able to demostrate that you can use your new knowledge and skills to support development.
- Course Level: Masters
- Eligible Nationals: Developing Countries
- Host Institution : University of Stuttgart
- Location: Germany
- Application deadline: July 15, 2018
- Course start date: 2018
The Scholarship Value
The University of Stuttgart DAAD scholarship is fully funded. scholars will be supported with around 750 euros in a monthly stipend, travel expenses to and from home country. it shall also cover health insurance, research allowance and rent subsidy should the rent exceed the stipulated percentage of total stipend.
Level & Fields of Study available
Scholarships are available for
1. Infrastructure Planning programme–this is master’s program for students studying architecture, urban planning, and civil engineering. However, other students from other related fields that have the interest in this area can also apply. If you have the intention of applying, you must have a bachelor’ degree and at least two years of work experience. This requirement is only for those interested in getting a scholarship by DAAD; however for those that are self-financing students, there is no work experience requirement.
- Integrated Urbanism and Sustainable Design— students from other fields like architecture, anthropology and communications can apply. However, those with urban experience and interest are an advantage as it is relevant in securing a place in the programme. the program shall be a The two-year program and will start in the middle of October every year. Application deadlines are mid-February of the same year.
Eligibility Criteria for the fully funded Master’s Scholarships
To be eligible to apply for the University of Stuttgart DAAD scholarship, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants should have relevant academic and professional experience to succeed in these master’s programmes as well as the ability to demonstrate their capability to use the new knowledge and skills to support development. Successful applicants must take a mandatory German language course before you start your master’s program.
In other to participate successfully in the University of Stuttgart DAAD scholarship program, applicants should follow the procedures stated below. Upload the following documents using the Application Page
- A transcript (with grade point average). For students already enrolled at the University of Stuttgart, this is the “grade point average and transcript of record to date” printout from the LSF (Name of the pdf file: Performance Record to Date).
- In some study programs, you may have to upload still other documents that will be requested automatically by the system.
- Supplementary application material: Depending on the subject, you may be asked for additional application material that you must be sure to enclose. For more detailed information, please refer to the overview table.
- Your Bachelor’s final grade report (with overall grade), if you have already completed the Bachelor’s and received the final grade report. If you have more than one university degree, please choose the degree which serves as an entrance qualification for the Master’s program you are applying for (Entrance Qualification for Master’s Program).
- Students still working on or who have finished their Bachelor’s at another university need to upload a description of the modules taken during their Bachelor’s studies.
Visit their Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process