Chevening Scholarships for Master’s Degree studies in the UK is now open. The scholarship is fully funded and open to all foreign nationals whose countries appears under the chevening scheme
About Chevening Awards
The Chevening Award scheme is funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). In addition, it is the renowned platform used by the UK Government for international awards scheme which is targeted at developing global leade. The scheme has had about 50,000 professional recipient since inception in 1983 . Also these beneficiaries have had the privilege of academic development through the scheme. This 2019/2020 academic year, there are over 1,500 scholarships for offer globally
Scholarships under this program are targeted at students with exceptional leadership potentials as well as a sound academic background. This is because the program is aimed at developing future leaders from across the globe. Enhancing their professional, academic, and network and relationship skills needed in their chosen fields of endeavors.
- Course Level: Masters Degree
- Eligible Nationals: All Chevening eligible countries (see website)
- Host Institution : All Participating Universities in the UK
- Location: UK
- Application deadline: November 6, 2018
- Course start date: 2019
The Scholarship Value
The scholarship comes with the following benefits
- It covers Full tuition fees for the duration of your master’s program.
- Set living expenses are covered.
- Return flights to the UK are included.
- Access to exclusive trips across the UK, competitions, and volunteering.
- Recipients will be part of an international network of 50,000 professionals.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The Scholarships shall be available to pursue eligible Masters degree in any of the approved participating UK schools.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Chevening Scholarships, you are required to meet the following criteria:
- You must meet the English language requirement set by Cheveningby 11 July 2019
- Applicants must have the acceptable undergraduate degree (which is equivalent upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK ) required to gain admission for a Master’s degree offered by a UK a UK university.
- Applicants must have received an unconditional offer from at least one of three universities in UK by 11 July 2019
- You must be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country ( see list of countries on their official website)
- you are required to have at least two years’ work experience or more. However some fellowship programmes require up to five years of experience. Check your country page for details
- Awardees must go back to their country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
Those not Eligible:
- Holders of British or dual British citizenship
- Those who have a refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country.
- If you have previously been a recipient of and studied in UK through a UK Government-funded scholarship
- See scholarship announcement page for other full details
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the Chevening Scholarships program, please follow the procedures stated below.
Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online applications system. This is available through the ‘Apply’ button on your country/territory’s page.
In addition, you are expected to include the following in your application
- Your University transcripts and degree certificates
- Valid passport or national ID card
- Three different UK Master’s course choices
- Details of two valid referees
furthermore all applications for the Awards must be submitted online. visit your country/territory’s page on the chevening website and click “Apply’
Applications close on November 6 2018. All Successful applicants shall receive a notification by mid February 2019
Visit their scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process
you can also go through our list of Scholarships in UK