The University of British Columbia through the International Leader of Tomorrow Awards, is offering undergraduate scholarships to international students from foreign countries around the world. This is to enable them complete their Bachelors Degree at the university. The award is aimed at international undergraduate students who have shown excellence in past academic records. It is also given to scholars who have prospects of developing leadership skills and can prove to be of relevance in student affairs and community service
It can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – as long as you maintain all satisfactory academic standings set by your faculty . Your Canadian student visa must remain valid throughout the course.
About the International Scholars Program
Being a recipient of this program offers you with the opportunity of study among the best and the brightest scholars with diverse perspectives, committed involvement, and innovative initiatives.
You’ll have access to numerous opportunities such as
- Annual retreats that will enable you develop your leadership skills while connecting with your community .
- Access to Community-based projects through which you can apply your academic knowledge towards impacting positively on issues of the local or global community.
- participation in periodic annual workshops. this is to further equip you and prepare you for Career path, leadership and community development,
- Attending certain receptions and events hosted throughout each year
- Course Level: Bachelors Degree
- Eligible Nationals: International students
- Host Institution : University of British Columbia
- Location: Canada
- Application deadline: December 1, 2018
- Course start date: January 2019
The Scholarship Value
Awards are given based on each student’s unique financial needs. Financial need is determined by adding tuition, fees, and living costs, less contributions family. This is assessed based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The Scholarships shall be available to pursue eligible Undergraduate degree offered at University of British Columbia
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the undergraduate scholarships in International Leader of Tomorrow Award,prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants Must meet all the admission requirements, of UBC which shall also include English Language Admission Standard requirements and any other course specific requirements
- You must be of foreign national who is an international student and shall be studying in Canada on Canadian student permit.
- intending applicants must be able to demonstrate the level of financial needs for without which he may not be able to pursue a UBC degree.
- Applicants must be from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university and must be entering UBC
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must have at least an A average or equivalent standard
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the undergraduate scholarships for International Leader of Tomorrow Award program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
Applications shall open in September 2018
Ensure you submit your applications through the online application for admission to UBC.
You should visit their scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process
you can also go through our list of other Scholarships in Canada