The Waste to Profit Scholarship for the year 2018 is now open. Applications are currently being received. The scholarship is held by The Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry, in partnership with Southern Cross Plant Science and shall focus on students undertaking projects for the course. This can involve conversion of organic wastes into energy production as well as the use of thermal treatment of organic wastes as a way of producing soil amendment products. Students who are motivated to perform research into these various techniques, are free to apply however all applicants must have applied for admission to Bachelor of Science with Honours in 2018.
About the Institution
The SCU was established in 1994 while the SCU International was established in 1995. The school council realised the importance of having International students enrolled at the institution. It was therefore established to promote opportunities for oversea students and also establish offshore programs. A year later the school had students enrolled from over 20 countries thus creating a more multicultural community. The International Student Support team provides international students with all the pre-arrival information, orientation and support needed throughout their studies in order to make them more comfortable for learning purposes.
Southern Cross University is a progressive but young research university, with campuses in northern New South Wales and the southern Gold Coast which includes the Lismore campus sitting on a 75 hectares, the Campus has the Learning Centre, a state-of-the-art facility, Co-op bookshop, banking facilities and a range of student services, a gym and pool
The Gold Coast campus is located about 400m away from the airport. The campus has a student services hub, health science laboratories, lecture halls which have live video broadcasting, and student lounges amongst other facilities
- Course Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Eligible Nationals: Africans, all nationals
- Host Institution : The Southern Cross University
- Location: Australia
- Application deadline: July 13, 2018
- Course start date: 2018
The Scholarship Value
The Waste to Profit Scholarship shall cover $5000 per year. And its shall be as follows- for 1 year two payments of $2,500 each first after Census date in Session Two, 2018 and final payment after Session One 2019 census date.
Level & Fields of Study available
The Waste to Profit Scholarships shall be available to students who enroll into the institution to pursue Bachelor of Science with Honours,. It is preferable open to students enrolled as full-time students who are in the Lismore campus
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the Waste to Profit Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants apply first for admission to Bachelor of Science with Honours in 2018.
- Applicants must also meet all the universities criteria for entry into the Honours program. You can check The School of Environment, Science and Engineering’s Honours Information page for more information.
- Applicants must have a grade point average of Credit (or equivalent for students who completed their undergraduate studies elsewhere), a Distinction for the Integrated Project will be an added advantage
- Applicants who have professional experience in the specified area of research can also apply.
In other to participate successfully in the Waste to Profit scholarship program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
- Ensure you complete the application online through My Enrolment
- Applicants must also attach and submit the following documents:
- A copy of their Resumé/CV
- A copy of their Academic record demonstrating a history of excellence
- A cover letter explaining their interest in transforming Waste to Profits.
- All applications must be submitted by July 13 2018
- Successful candidates might be shortlisted for an interview.
Visit their Scholarship announcement page for complete information on the program and application process
you can also go through our list of Scholarships in Australia