The TC Beirne School of Law is offering PhD scholarships in Law to students and applicants to undergo research in the field of Freedom of Speech. The scholarships are designed to support research on Freedom of Speech in Australia. The TC Beirne School of Law one of Australia’s leading research-intensive law schools. It is located in Queensland.
The scholarship is open to domestic candidates. Recipients should have achieved excellent academic performance in previous studies in Law
- Course Level: Doctorate Degree Research
- Eligible Nationals: Australian and its Permanent Residents or NZ citizens
- Host Institution : TC Beirne School of Law
- Location: Australia
- Application deadline: September 15, 2018
- Course start date: 2019
The Scholarship Value
Each scholarship grant shall be $20,000 top-up per annum and $5,000 per annum for research costs
Level & Fields of Study Covered
The TC Beirne School of Law Scholarships shall be available forpursuing any eligible Posgraduateresearche program offered at the Institution.
Eligibility Criteria for the Scholarship
To be eligible to apply for the TC Beirne School of Law Scholarships, prospective applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be studying full-time and onshore in Australia.
- applicants must also apply for and be awarded an RTP scholarship through the usual UQGSS round.
- Applicants should have excellent academic performance to Honours/Masters level in Law
- be currently undertaking, or intend to undertake, a PhD in the research area of Freedom of Speech at the TC Beirne School of Law
- Applicants must not be receiving a Commonwealth funded tuition fee scholarship.
- Applicants must not hold a qualification at the same or a higher level than the research higher degree program you are undertaking.
- Applicants must be nominated by an enrolling school or institute at UQ.
- hold, or be eligible for an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship or equivalent
- you should be assessed by the Graduate School as meeting all conditions for admission to the research higher degree program.
- You must nott be receiving a living allowance award, scholarship or salary providing a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP Scholarship living allowance rate to undertake the research higher degree program.
How to Submit an Application
In other to participate successfully in the TC Beirne School of Law scholarship program, applicants should follow the procedures Stated below
You are required to email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CV,
- academic transcripts,
- Cover letter outlining your reasons for applying and your suitability for the scholarship
Visit their Scholarship announcement page or complete information on the program and application process